Friday, December 10, 2010

Lee Musiker

I went to Carnegie Hall Wed. night to hear the pianist Pierre-Laurent
Aimard. I couldn't get a cab home, so ducked into Rue 57 on 57th and
6th. At the bar I met this gentleman, Lee Musiker. Very interesting.
He never let on who he was. He only said he was a "pianist". We
chatted for a half an hour. I told him my piano stories. Only after a
friend of his joined and I was introduced, did the friend let me in on
who I was really talking to. It was better to have not known. He was
into the anonymity. I think he was upset that his friend blew his
cover. He was very charming. NYC is such a small world. He was most
curious about my iPhone and the iPad. He had just attended the same
performance at Carnegie. I shared my opinions without realizing how
accomplished this fellow was in his own right. He agreed with me.
Sometimes New York is so glamorous.

Posted via email from jhagedon's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment